Resiliently You Class for Kids
Wednesday July 14th - August 18th
6:30pm - 7:30pm
$200 per child
This is a 6-week program that supports children in building resilience. It is designed for children between 6-8 years old.
Wednesday July 14 2021, 6:30-7:30 pm
Wednesday July 21 2021, 6:30-7:30 pm
Wednesday July 28 2021, 6:30-7:30 pm
Wednesday August 4 2021, 6:30-7:30 pm
Wednesday August 11 2021, 6:30-7:30 pm
Wednesday August 18 2021, 6:30-7:30 pm
In the most simplest form, resilience can be defined as the ability to bounce back from difficult experiences in life. Resilience is an essential component of children’s development in order to support their overall well-being. From a very young age and all throughout life, children will experience challenges including great big losses and changes. Although difficult, this is a normal part of life. As a result, it is important to equip children with the knowledge and skills they need to move through these experiences with little to no traumatic impact.
- Children will learn to identify and express their feelings.
- Children will learn to identify their stressors and demonstrate effective coping skills when faced with a difficult life experience.
- Children will identify and practice helpful coping strategies.
- Children will understand their locus of control. Specifically they will identify things and situations they can control and those they cannot.
- Children will practice developing goals and expressing their hopes and dreams.
- Children will identify their support system and the people in those systems.
- Children will practice positive affirmations and problem solving, both of which will support them during difficult times.
Each child will receive a workbook to bring with them each week.
**Fees are non-refundable**